This information is provided in addition to the roles and responsibilities outlined in the National HOG Charter.
The Assistant Director shall assist the Director in carrying out the Director’s duties. The Assistant Director shall also be responsible for promoting membership, membership orientation, membership retention, and keeping the chapter members informed of H.O.G. programs.
- Assist Director in managing the chapter business and activities as required
- Promote the good will of the chapter to all chapter members and guests
- Support board activities and chapter business as a Primary Officer
- Work with Membership Officer to in all activities related to membership
- Work with Charity Committee on Chapter charitable contributions and fund-raising
- Keep chapter membership up to date on H.O.G. activities, policies and promotions
- Keep chapter membership up to date on all activities relate to state H.O.G. rally
- Manages Chapter hot-line
- Conducts annual Chapter mileage contest
- Attend H.O.T. when possible
- Contribute to chapter newsletter
- Contribute to chapter website
- Attend all chapter general and chapter board meetings
"The Secretary shall be responsible for the administrative needs of the chapter, keeping the minutes of chapter annual business meetings and general meetings, oversees the position of membership officer if it exists, ensuring that all chapter members are current H.O.G. members, having on file a signed copy of the Annual Chapter Membership Enrollment Form and Release of each member as signed on an annual basis, and submitting to H.O.G. the H.O.G. Chapter Charter Application and any other reports as required by H.O.G. Further, the Secretary shall ensure that all insurance requirements are met (including participant signatures to required release forms), shall ensure preparation of injury report forms, timely submission of injury report forms to the appropriate insurance company and shall be responsible for the maintenance and storage of release forms and injury reports.” HOG Chapter Charter
Overall responsibility for of record keeping for the chapter.
- Take minutes at officer meetings.
- Transcribe minutes to distribute to officers.
- Take minutes at general chapter meetings.
- Transcribe minutes for publishing in newsletter.
- Maintain chapter records.
- Attend Primary Office Training as needed.
- Contribute to the chapter newsletter.
- Attend primary officer meetings, officer meetings and general meetings.
- Respond to email and phone calls from other officers and chapter members.
- Compose letters to members when necessary.
- Assist in decision making regarding the running of the chapter.
- Attend all chapter functions whenever possible.
- Support other officers when necessary.
- Obtain chapter mail from PO Box and distribute as required.
- Co-sign checks and assist treasurer with banking as necessary.
- Assist with Membership renewal held during October, November and December general membership meetings. Verify money collected matches with applications turned in. Done in the presence of the Chapter Treasurer and Chapter Membership officer.
- Deposit checks received with membership renewals, return checks or forms received without signatures, return forms of non-national members.
- Maintain postage meter, download funds when needed.
- Purchase supplies for chapter records as necessary.
Desired Skills, Qualities and Requirements
- Planning, communication and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Access.
- Enthusiastic about HOG and all that is Harley Davidson!
The Treasurer shall be responsible for the collection and disbursement of chapter funds, reporting the financial transactions to the membership on a monthly basis and compliance with all revenue recording and reporting requirements.
- The Treasurer is a Primary Officer for the Chapter.
- The Chapter uses Quickbooks software for bookkeeping of all Chapter financial records.
- There are two Chapter Checking Accounts. A General Fund and Foster Care Account. Foster Care in not Chapter money, it can only be used for the Foster Care expenses. This money was collected for Foster Care expenses only.
- Two signatures are required on each check from the Director, Assistant Director, Secretary or Treasurer.
- Chapter Director must approve all expenses before such expense is committed, no matter what the dollar amount is.
- No debit cards are to be issued unless the four primary officers agree to a policy change. (Debit cards cause a lack of control.)
- There are two Petty Cash funds, one for Activities and another for LOH. The Activities and LOH Officers are responsible for providing the Treasurer a monthly worksheet of the income and expenses for their respective Petty Cash Fund.
- All Financial records are stored at Wolverine Harley Davidson.
- Attend Primary Officer Training. (Sponsored by National H.O.G.)
- Board Meetings 2-3 hours
- General Membership meetings 2-2 1/2 hours
- Make Deposits
- Write Checks
- Make journal entries for petty cash funds
- Calculate LOH annual recap worksheet – review with Chapter Director
- Reconcile bank statements
- Create reports – balance sheet, yearly and monthly profit & loss statements
- Back-up Quickbooks, bank recons and financial reports on Flash drive
- Attend Primary Officer Executive sessions as necessary
- Prepare Budget
- Obtain 50/50 raffle licenses – as necessary
- Complete and file annual taxes – form 990 ez – due May 15th each year
- Complete annual non-profit filing – due October 1st each year
- Charity Collection – Coordinate money counters and bank deposits – 2 day requirement
- Membership renewal – held during October, November and December General Membership Meetings. Verify money collected and matches with applications turned in. Done in the presence of the Chapter Secretary and Chapter Membership Officer.
- Next >>