• Overall responsibility to plan overnight trips for chapter members
o Recruit committee members
o Work with committee members on planning and execution of overnight trips (day rides can be included)
o Make lodging arrangements as required
o Plan routes and logistics
• Has overall responsibility for the Chapter’s ride/event schedule for the year
o Work with LOH/Activities Officers and Wolverine H-D in putting together the yearly ride/event schedule/log
o Ride/Event Log is a living document that requires constant updates; i.e. ride/event stats/participation for history
o Retrieve ride/event stats from LOH/Activities Officers and/or Ride Lead
• Work with Webmaster to make sure Chapter website calendar is up to date and all details posted in a timely manner
• Work with Head Road Captain to put together a monthly Road Crew Support schedule for Road Crew-escorted Chapter rides
• Participate and contribute actively as a Wolverine Chapter Officer
o Attend monthly Officers’ meetings
o Attend General Membership meetings
o Contribute to Chapter Newsletter
• As a member of the Chapter Board, will work to support the activities of the Wolverine HOG Chapter and Wolverine Harley Davidson
Desired Skills and Qualities for a Ride Coordinator:
• Able to create/share exciting rides
• Forward Planning ability
• Detailed oriented
• Able to lead a small group of people (committee)
• Friendly and outgoing with all Chapter members
• Enthusiastic about HOG and all that is Harley Davidson!!
- Provides Motorcycle Safety Foundation information to members
- Educates members about the Safe Rider Skills program
- Assists the Road Captain in:
- Planning routes for chapter rides
- Educating members about group riding techniques
- Informing chapter members of any hand signals used by chapter
- Assists in the collection of signed release forms
- Assists in completion of injury reports when accidents occur.
- Overall responsible for managing the Chapter web site and online/electronic communications with the Chapter members.
- Work with WIT (Wolverine Information Technology) and Chapter photographers to manage the web site and email communications
- Update web site home page and other pages (i.e. Officers, Blogs, etc.)
- Manage and respond to Webmaster email
- Manage officer email forwarding accounts
- Support other officers web based requirements (i.e. Calendar postings, Chapter email, etc.)
- Recruit WIT team members
- Assist and advise members on web technology
- Manage hosting and email service providers
- Generate and manage help tickets for service issues
- Manage accounts related to services
- Maintain DNS services related to the Chapter domain name
- Participate and contribute actively as a Chapter officer
- Attend Chapter Officer meetings
- Attend Chapter General Membership meetings
- Participate in various Chapter activities (i.e. rides, parties, etc.)
- Act as an ambassador of HOG, the Chapter and Wolverine Harley Davidson
- Work to support the activities of HOG, the Chapter and Wolverine Harley Davidson
- Recruit new Chapter members
- Contribute new and innovative ideas for the Chapter
Desired Webmaster Skills, Qualities and Requirements
- Some technical/computer experience
- Adobe Photoshop or other image editing software experience
- Familiarity with web based technology (i.e. web sites, email, blogs, etc.)
- Computer and Internet connectivity (broadband preferred)
- Ability to manage a creative group of technically skilled people
- Good communications and organization skills
- Friendly and outgoing
- Passionate about motorcycles
- Enthusiastic about HOG and all that is Harley Davidson!
Head Road Captain (This position is open only to Road Captains)
- Recruit and train Road Crew Members.
- Coordinate Road Crew Meetings.
- Coordinate Road Captain Applications and Renewals.
- Coordinate Road Crew Training, CPR, Accident Scene Management, etc. classes.
- Coordinate Road Crew Support for HOG Chapter rides with other Officers and Wolverine.
- << Prev