The Historian shall be responsible for the preparation and maintenance of a written account of the history of the chapter, to include officer positions, chapter activities and membership levels.
Historian position description according to the chapter handbook:
- Assist the sponsoring dealer and chapter director in upholding the “Annual Charter for H.O.G. Chapters”
- Organize written accounts of chapter activities, records names of chapter officers, notes membership levels, etc.
- Organizes photos of chapter activities, officers, members, etc.
The Historian may want to:
- Work with the chapter Photographer or other members to assemble a collection of photos and materials that document the life of the chapter.
- Create a permanent history of the chapter that can be stored in a “chapter library” at the dealership.
- Assemble historic material that may be utilized in articles for both the chapter publications and Hog Tales.
- Occasionally, do a one, two or five-year “on this date” feature in the chapter publication.
- Display the chapter history book at as many chapter events as possible.
- Seek articles and photos from chapter members. This adds a variety of perspectives and lightens your workload.
- Publish history submissions in the newsletter and permanently archive them in the chapter history book.
- Be creative; it’s your history.
“Membership Officer: The Membership Officer shall be responsible for ensuring that all chapter members are current H.O.G. members, having on file a signed copy of the Annual Chapter Membership Enrollment Form & Release of each member as signed on an annual basis; maintains chapter membership report, and maintaining report on the Chapter Officer section of members.hog.com. “ HOG Chapter Charter
- Form and oversee membership committee.
- Welcome members at meetings, stamp membership cards.
- Distribute new member packets.
- Welcome new members, answer questions & introduce to present chapter members.
- Chair new member meetings, including contacting other officers to attend.
Overall responsible for chapter membership tracking.
- Process new membership applications & renewals
- Ensure all members are National H.O.G. members
- Update chapter membership on H.O.G. site
- Print membership cards and labels for distribution
- Update website Membership List
- Print newsletter mailing labels from updated chapter list
- Maintain chapter postage meter
- Attend Primary Office Training as needed.
- Attend officers and general meetings.
- Contribute to the chapter newsletter.
- Respond to email and phone calls from chapter members and other officers.
- Attend all chapter functions when possible.
- Support other officers when necessary.
Desired Skills, Qualities and Requirements
- Planning, communication and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Access.
- Enthusiastic about HOG and all that is Harley Davidson!